Headache :(

I really hate to come to this decision making point. :(

Industry? Or Academic?

I know I am not going to work for all my life. I am not a person that can stay for the same thing for long time. Whatever decision I make for now, it will just valid for the coming 2-3 years. After that? I don't know.

Maybe set up my own company??

Who knows :P

Anyway, Brother John and Sister Xue Er are very thoughtful. They know that most of us are going to graduate and will sure be headache for our future job. Hence, they had the discipleship with us on the topic "DISCERING GOD'S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE".

And this is what I learnt -- list out the pros and cons of two choices I am facing.

----------------------------------------------------


Work in ANIMATION INDUSTRY

Pros
:: Can serve God in the market place by becoming an Influencer For Christ, approach more non-believers
:: I really enjoy myself with all these stuff
:: It might be a stepping stone for me to enter PIXAR or DISNEY or DREAMWORK one day? :P
:: Daddy will be happy because I can make achievement with this job. ( well, I will be happy too )


Cons
:: I need to get a car to go work. Personally don't think its safe for a female to walk in KL

( once in a month, it's fine. but can't do it for everyday ler )
:: I have to rent a room in somewhere nearby my working place and staying alone :(
:: It's definitely not good for health to stare at the computer for long hours, and this gonna happen everyday
:: Basic salary is lower.

Work in MMU as ASSISTANT LECTURER

Pros
:: Can't serve God fulltime but with this job, I can have slightly more free time ( than working in industry ) to be in CCF and help to take care of it. ( discipleship.. train juniors.. )
:: Basic salary is higher, and can take Master Programme for free. ( this is what I know. correct me if I am wrong )
:: As I have already familiar with Cyberia, looking for a place to stay or even living is not a problem

:: Healthier life. Don't have to work overnight or rush work to meet the dateline
:: Even got a car, I don't have to spend on petrol fees much because I can just walk to MMU from Cyberia.
:: Mummy will be happy because I don't have to work so tough. ( yes, I do hope I don't have to )


Cons
:: I never think of becoming an academician. It sounds like no great achievement >.<

:: Can't have time to improve my 3D skills :( Such a wastage
:: Hard for me to get back into industry later since this job will most likely rust my 3D skills after some time


----------------------------------------------------

Is there any Pros or Cons that have been left out? Please kindly to help me add on then.

I am now trying my best to search for advices. I did talk to ex-lecturer who used to be in MMU but now in industry, and also lecturer who used to be in industry but now in MMU.

What's more important, I need to know which is the area that God want to put me in.

Pray Pray Pray...

Don't ever think that Christians are silly because always seek God in whaveter thing we met, seems like we are losting our control to our life.

The control is still with us. We seek God, because we know that God always gives us the BEST.
Nope, this is not theoritical.

This is definitely practical.

I seek Him because I have experienced the grace granted by Him :)

Comments

  1. 如果要比谁比我更常会在人生十字路口茫然无知,相信我举第二也没有人会举第一。:p所以在这里可以和你分享pros&cons法其实效果不大。因为到头来,不能以手指来数哪一条pros比较多,也不能算平均总分。我们不能忘了列出来的pros&cons还有其各自的“质量”。更甚者,心中会有一股“觉得”,那么地感性以至于不懂怎么写出来。

    时间这个要素是不可忽略的。在你的清单之中,看不出来其实你从industry/academic想得到的是什么,尤其academic方面。

    人生每个特定的时间都有其可以做最珍贵的事,错过了可能下一段时间你就无法再完成。念书有时,成家有时,立业有时,生子有时。你必须慎重考虑的是在这段毕业后的这个时间,更紧要的应该先办哪项事。并且可以比较这两个不同的前后秩序,有什么分别。

    更重要的是,你也必须意识到,选择工作是为了在这个行业里冲刺、成就,而进入工作的世界,你可能就要买车、承担在外伙食费等等,这些免不了的开销可能就会使你走向职务简单但薪水优渥的职业,或许会在里面打滚几年后没有勇气再向大公司挑战etc etc。绝不是要勾画一个恐怖的世界来恐吓你。想说的重点只是,选择A会有A路的际遇,它会继而影响你的生活方向、理念,你可能不会再回到B了-如果你的前提是,你想要两个兼得,只是先后问题。如果你不介意,只做A的sw,而不做B的sw也不要紧的话,那么这个前后问题便不存在了。

    在这里只随便提供你一个观察判断的角度。因为到头来,我和你,甚至可能和全部人一样,我们都无法在这一刻就判定,我下半辈子该怎么过活。:p

    加油!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

海南妹回海南岛了

为日本祷告 Pray for Japan

写给敬爱的四姑