Be strong, Chor Meng...
For those who don't know him, he is Chew Chor Meng 周初明, one of my favourite Singapore celebrities.Handsome uh? He is a very good actor. Can be serious... humour... funny... Ever since I was in primary school, I love his acting. Can you imagine.. how many years it have been? Yet he still can be so good looking... Anyway, not for now anymore. He is now suffering from Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) which cannot be cured. So sad :( I came to know about it last year... my family told me this when I back to Kluang. But I didn't ask any further.
Just now I read about him in a forum. Only I knew that he has just accepted Christ last year. According to him, he was baptised on 30th Aug, and then on 1st September he was confirmed of suffering from this disease. His life touches me. The disease doesn't stop him from knowing God or make him complain about God. Instead, he shared his testimony in the church. By the strength from God, he is strong enough to face this disease. He even asked his supporters don't worry about him, quoted from Bible... book of Matthew 6:34 -- "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
I am so touched when reading the news about him...
Truly, I thank God for his life... that he comes back to God even after 40 years. I pray that God may heal him, comfort him, and make him to be the blessing of people around him...
Comments
Post a Comment